Planning & Finance
We are focused on making financially sound strategic investments that enhance the community, support business growth and foster jobs as the economy transitions away from federal resources related to Hanford.
The Port’s project and financial planning are completed annually. The Port is funded by revenues from our business operations, grants and a property tax levy.
Jeff Lubeck, CPA
Director of Finance
Port District Planning Documents
Annual and Ongoing Strategy
The Port of Benton’s Strategic Plan provides holistic guidance in building an organization that will thrive in serving the economic development needs of our community. Our team is dedicated to hearing and being accountable to the needs of our customers, taxpayers and business community to achieve this goal.
The Strategic Plan covers an approximately 10-year planning period and serves as the basis for updates to the Port’s Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvements Plan. The Port Commission holds a public hearing each year and allocates capital expenditures prior to taking action on adopting the Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvements Plan. The plan projects may require additional public review under the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) as well as permitting approvals from city, county, state and federal agencies.
Ports in Washington are required to prepare a Comprehensive Scheme of Harbor Improvements Plan each year per Revised Code of Washington (RCW 53.20).
Planning & Finance Documents
- Fiscal Year 2022 – Financial and Federal
- Fiscal Year 2022 – Accountability
- Fiscal Year 2021 – Financial and Federal
- Fiscal Year 2021 – Accountability
- Fiscal Year 2020 – Financial and Federal
- Fiscal Years 2019-2020 – Accountability
- Fiscal Year 2019 – Financial and Federal
- Fiscal Year 2018 – Financial and Federal
- Fiscal Years 2017-2018 – Accountability
- Fiscal Year 2017 – Financial and Federal
- Fiscal Year 2016 – Financial and Federal
- Fiscal Years 2015-2016 – Accountability